APS : Sunday, 23 February 2020
ALGIERS- Trade Miniter Kamel Rezig received Saturday, in Algiers, a delegation of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), led by Jean François Dauphin, the head of the Maghreb division in the Middle East and Central Asia Department
of the IMF and its mission chief for Algeria, the ministry said in a statement.
The meeting, also attended by the deputy minister for Foreign Trade, Aissa Bekkai, is part of the periodic missions of IMF experts in Algeria.
It was “an opportunity for the two sides to examine cooperation between Algeria and trade-related international financial institutions,” the statement said.
At the meeting, Rezig presented the main lines of his sector’s projects as part of the government’s plan of action adopted recently by the People’s National Assembly (lower house of Parliament) and the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament).
The minister stressed the economic direction of the new Algeria through collaboration with all partners and international institutions to build a strong and diversified economy that does not depend on oil revenues.
The minister pointed out “the improvement of the business climate, especially after the suppression, by the government, of the rule of 51/49, except for the strategic sectors, and which was considered as an impediment to foreign investment.”
Rezig said the “doors of the ministry remain open to all proposals or initiatives that may help our economy.”
Dauphin, for his part, expressed “satisfaction” with the discussions and “optimism” as a result of the details given by the Algerian minister about business climate and the government’s new strategy, especially in the trade sector, the statement concluded.
- (English) Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- (English) President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- (English) Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- (English) Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions