APS : Monday, 22 February 2016
ALGIERS- President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika ordered Monday, in Algiers, “to continue efforts to rationalize the national energy consumption,” said the presidency of the Republic in a communiqué.
The President of the Republic, who chaired a restricted meeting devoted to the national gas policy, ordered, at the end of the debate, “to continue efforts to rationalize the national energy consumption in general, including natural gas, also through the consumption of electricity, added the source.
During the council, President Bouteflika highlighted, in this regard, the fact that “the development of renewable energies is able to permanently extend the energy independence of our country and also generate a dynamic of economic growth in its wake.”
On this occasion, he also gave instructions for “the pursuit and the stimulation of the development programme of renewable energies adopted by the Council of Ministers in May 2015,” underlining that this programme must be considered as a national priority.”
The President of the Republic also “assigned the government to grant particular importance to the development of petrochemistry,” according to the source.
- Възпоменателно честване на Националния ден на миграцията
- (English) Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- (English) Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- (English) Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation
- (English) Prime Minister received by president of Ghana