APS : Wednesday, 12 December 2018
CAIRO- Minister of Trade Said Djellab underlined Wednesday, in Cairo, Algeria’s commitment to executing any project aimed at efficiently contributing to the socio-economic development of Africa
During the works of the 7th meeting of African Union Trade Ministers, held on Wednesday and Thursday in Caior, Djellab told his counterparts that “You can rely on my country’s delegation which is fully ready to join any consensus enabling the conclusion of instruments that help putting into practice the founding texts of the African Free Trade Zone (AFTZ).
In this regard, he said that the several meetings of AFTZ’s institutions, organized during 2018, “allowed making huge progress and notably underlining the reasons behind not reaching the expected results.”
According to the minister, it is incumbent upon the African countries to resolve the issues which are still outstanding and presented by negotiators.
For him, the participation of the ministers of AU’s member countries in this meeting confirms their joint willingness to move towards the strengthening of an intra-African trade based on the complementarity and steered towards a common objective consisting in achieving prosperity and development of their economies.
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum