APS : MONDAY 23 APRIL 2018
WASHINGTON- Finance Minister Abdarrahmane Raouya has participated in a meeting between the Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Christine Lagarde, and Arab Finance ministers and central bank governors.
The meeting was an opportunity for the participants to discuss prospects for global growth, economic development of Arab countries and IMF’s role in their development process.
During the meeting, held at the end of the 2018 Spring Meetings of IMF and the World Bank Group, Lagarde invited Arab countries to work for the promotion of a stable, open and regulated trading system for all countries.
The IMF chief reiterated the commitment of her institution to work in close collaboration with other regional development partners to improve the effectiveness of its role.
Raouya and the delegation accompanying him also held bilateral and multilateral discussions with officials of other countries and heads of international institutions.
The discussions focused mainly on the economic situation in Algeria and ways and means to strengthen cooperation in key areas for Algeria.
These meetings were an opportunity to inform different partners of Algeria’s efforts to improve business climate with a view to building sustainable partnerships and strengthening the existing ones.
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand
- Tourism: Algeria, Mauritania ink cooperation agreement
- Algeria-EU: 4th annual high-level energy dialogue meeting on October 10 in Algiers