APS : Monday, 13 March 2017
ALGIERS- The national company of iron and steel FERAAL and Chinese company Sinosteel equipment & engineering signed Monday, in Algiers, an agreement on carrying out pre-feasibility and feasibility studies on the investments of
development of Gara Djebilet deposit in Tindouf.
The document was signed by FERAAL’s Director General Ahmed Benabbas and Sinosteel’s Director General Wang Jian, in the presence of Minister of Industry and Mining Abdessalem Bouchouareb and ambassador of China to Algiers Yang Guangyu.
Sinosteel, which is a Chinese state-owned company activating mainly in mining, equipment manufacturing and engineering, is already present in Bellara (Jijel) and Oran.
These pre-feasibility and feasibility studies should be ready by the end of 2017 and will focus on all the aspects of the exploitation of the deposit, said Bouchouareb.
It is also to reach “the best compromise among the necessary investments for the extraction, processing and transport of ore until its delivery to customers in Algeria or abroad,” he added.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister