APS : Tuesday, 07 September 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, was received Tuesday in Nouakchott, in his capacity as special envoy of President of the Republic, by Mauritanian President,
Mohamed Ould Cheikh, the ministry said in a communiqué.
Lamamra conveyed to the Mauritanian President “fraternal greetings from his brother, President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune.”
For his part, the Mauritanian President asked Minister Lamamra to “convey his sincere greetings, and his deep esteem to his brother, President Abdelmadjid Tebboune,” added the source.
The meeting was “an opportunity to discuss bilateral relations and reiterate the fraternal and historical ties between two countries and the two brotherly peoples, according to the source.
The two parties have further welcomed the constant development of these relations in all areas.
“The talks focused on the current situation in the Maghreb and other Arab countries, the common challenges in the Sahel-Saharan region, as well as ways to strengthen consultation and coordination on African and Arab issues of common interest, including the upcoming Arab summit in Algeria.”
- Възпоменателно честване на Националния ден на миграцията
- (English) Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- (English) Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- (English) Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation
- (English) Prime Minister received by president of Ghana