APS : Monday, 26 November 2018
YAOUNDE (Cameroon)- Algeria’s national judo team (men and women) has ranked first, as it won 12 medals (8 gold, 2 silver and 2 bronze) at the international tournament “Yaoundé African Open,”
which wrapped up Sunday in Cameroon.
Gold medals were snatched by Abderrahmane Benamadi (-90 kg), Lyes Bouyacoub (-100 kg), Salim Rebahi (-60 kg) and Fethi Nourine (-73 kg) in men’s events, and Kaouthar Ouallal (-78 kg), Mecerem Hadjer (-48 kg), Faiza Aissahine (-52 kg) and Amina Belkadi (-63 kg) in women’s.
Men’s silver medal went to Mohamed Sofiane Belrekaa (+100 kg) and women’s to Yamina Halata (-57 kg).
Asselah Sonia (+78 kg) and Kenza Nait Amar (-63 kg) received bronze medals.
In the general rankings, Algeria ranked first ahead of host country Cameroon, which won 17 medals (2 gold, 2 silver 14 bronze) and Senegal with four medals (1 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze).
Algeria competed in Yaoundé tournament with 14 judokas (8 women and 6 men), while host country Cameroon participated with 62 judokas (39 men and 23 women).
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune