APS : SUNDAY 08 SEPTEMBER 2019
TUNIS (Tunisia)- Algerian judokas ranked second at the Africa Cup (cadets) Sunday in the Tunisian capital, Tunis, with a total of 26 medals (4 gold, 8 silver and 14 bronze).
Host country Tunisia ranked first with a total of 20 medals (9 gold, 5 silver and 6 bronze), whereas Morocco ranked third with a total of four medals (2 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze).
Algeria was the largest delegation in the tournament with 42 Algerian judokas (25 boys and 17 girls), ahead of Tunisia (17 boys and 20 girls), while Morocco competed with only four athletes (two boys and two girls).
A total of 92 judokas (52 boys and 40 girls), representing eight countries, took part in the sports event.
The other participating countries were Bulgaria (2 boys), the Czech Republic (3 boys), Estonia (1 boy), Senegal (1 boy) and Zimbabwe (1 boy and one girl).
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification