RABAT- Algerian athletes snatched three medals (2 gold, 1 silver) in Rabat on Tuesday, second day of athletics events at the African Games 2019.
The two gold medals were grabbed by decathlete Larbi Bouraada with a total of 7319 points and hurdler Amine Bouanani in men’s 110m hurdle clocking (13.60), while the silver went to Yasser Mohamed Triki in men’s triple jump (16.71m).
Bouraada, who dominated men’s pole vaulting (4.60m) and men’s javelin (59.69), snatched the gold ahead of Egypt’s Moustafa Ramadhan (7099 points) and Morocco’s Merouane Kacimi (6607 points).
For his part, Bouanani ranked first ahead of Nigeria’s Ezekiel Abejoy (13.90) and Senegal’s Louis François Mendy (14.05).
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification