RABAT- Algerian athletes snatched three medals (2 gold, 1 silver) in Rabat on Tuesday, second day of athletics events at the African Games 2019.
The two gold medals were grabbed by decathlete Larbi Bouraada with a total of 7319 points and hurdler Amine Bouanani in men’s 110m hurdle clocking (13.60), while the silver went to Yasser Mohamed Triki in men’s triple jump (16.71m).
Bouraada, who dominated men’s pole vaulting (4.60m) and men’s javelin (59.69), snatched the gold ahead of Egypt’s Moustafa Ramadhan (7099 points) and Morocco’s Merouane Kacimi (6607 points).
For his part, Bouanani ranked first ahead of Nigeria’s Ezekiel Abejoy (13.90) and Senegal’s Louis François Mendy (14.05).
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide