APS : Thursday, 25 July 2019
ALGIERS-Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform Mohamed Miraoui held talks on Thursday, in Algiers, with Representative of the World Health Organization (WHO), Nguessan Bla François,
who congratulated Algeria on being granted a certification of malaria elimination, said the ministry in a communiqué.
the certificate of malaria elimination proceeds that of Polio eradication in 2016 and Neonatal Tetanus elimination in 2018, said the source.
The meeting enabled the two parties “to make a broad overview of the current cooperation in light of the Algerian expertise in terms of health system performance,” added the same source.
The parties also agreed on the need to “strengthen permanent consultation mechanisms” between the central health administration and the World Health Organization in Algeria to “boost cooperation procedures in respect to the country’s health priorities.”
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine