APS : Thursday, 31 December 2020
ALGIERS- Algeria has signed an agreement with a Russian laboratory to purchase Covid-19 vaccine, said Minister of Communication, Spokesman of the Government Ammar Belhimer.
In a statement after the government’s meeting on Wednesday, Belhimer affirmed that Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform Abderrahmane Benbouzid announced the signing of a forward agreement contract with a Russian laboratory to purchase a Covid-19 vaccine, in implementation of the decision of President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune to start the vaccination operation as of January 2021.
In this respect, he pointed out that Algeria Pasteur Institute started, as a first step, consultations with the Russian laboratory Sputnik V, the vaccine manufacturer, adding that the discussions are also underway with other countries for the same purpose.
Benbouzid presented, in the government’s meeting on Wednesday, the actions undertaken by his sector for the purchase of Covid-19 vaccine on “the progress of related contracts and which will enable soon the reception of the first deliveries of the vaccine and start thereby the vaccination operation as from next January.”
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne