APS : Tuesday, 22 February 2022
ALGIERS- Minister of Health Abderrahmane Benbouzid and Cuban Deputy Minister of Public Health Luis Fernando Navarro Martinez chaired a meeting to assess the cooperation between Algeria and Cuba,
in which the bilateral health partnership has been revived after a slowdown due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
On this occasion, the Cuban deputy minister of health underlined that his visit to Algeria, which is part of the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the diplomatic relations between the two countries, “is an opportunity to promote bilateral cooperation.”
The Cuban official hoped that this cooperation will be further strengthened and that the Algerian-Cuban partnership will develop even more, notably in the current health situation to face the Covid-19 pandemic.
For his part, Benbouzid welcomed “the level of the historical relations between Algeria and Cuba which have grown stronger over time to reach, he said, the level that we all aspire to.”
He also welcomed the fruitful and privileged cooperation between the two countries, which is marked, he added, by “its historical dimension in all the sectors, particularly that of health, thanks to the inking of several agreements, including the framework agreement signed in Algiers in 2016 and the agreement related to the modes of implementing this partnership signed in Havana in 2018.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy