APS : Thursday, 25 July 2019
ALGIERS-Minister of Health, Population and Hospital Reform Mohamed Miraoui held talks on Thursday, in Algiers, with Representative of the World Health Organization (WHO), Nguessan Bla François,
who congratulated Algeria on being granted a certification of malaria elimination, said the ministry in a communiqué.
the certificate of malaria elimination proceeds that of Polio eradication in 2016 and Neonatal Tetanus elimination in 2018, said the source.
The meeting enabled the two parties “to make a broad overview of the current cooperation in light of the Algerian expertise in terms of health system performance,” added the same source.
The parties also agreed on the need to “strengthen permanent consultation mechanisms” between the central health administration and the World Health Organization in Algeria to “boost cooperation procedures in respect to the country’s health priorities.”
- (English) Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- (English) Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- (English) Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- (English) President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan