APS : Saturday, 21 November 2020
ALGIERS- Two Algerian nationals Feriel Gasmi Issiakhem and Samir Kerkache recently received “Knight of the Order of Star of Italy,” said a statement from the Italian Embassy in Algiers.
Architect Feriel Gasmi Issiakhem received the award for “the close links she has established with Italy in the field of architecture and arts,” through numerous “high level initiatives”.
The architect’s projects also have a “social, ethical, economic and sustainable development” aspect.
For his part, Samir Kerkache received this award as the crowning of twenty years of career in the Italian airline company.
These awards were handed over by Italian Ambassador to Algeria Pasquale Ferrara. They are given by President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella on the proposal of Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Luigi Di Maio, the statement explained.
The Knight of the Order of Star of Italy is the second civil medal of the Italian state, reserved for Italian and foreign citizens who, abroad, have acquired particular merits in promoting relations of friendship and collaboration between Italy and the country in which they operate and in promoting links with Italy.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo