APS : Saturday, 21 November 2020
ALGIERS- Two Algerian nationals Feriel Gasmi Issiakhem and Samir Kerkache recently received “Knight of the Order of Star of Italy,” said a statement from the Italian Embassy in Algiers.
Architect Feriel Gasmi Issiakhem received the award for “the close links she has established with Italy in the field of architecture and arts,” through numerous “high level initiatives”.
The architect’s projects also have a “social, ethical, economic and sustainable development” aspect.
For his part, Samir Kerkache received this award as the crowning of twenty years of career in the Italian airline company.
These awards were handed over by Italian Ambassador to Algeria Pasquale Ferrara. They are given by President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella on the proposal of Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Luigi Di Maio, the statement explained.
The Knight of the Order of Star of Italy is the second civil medal of the Italian state, reserved for Italian and foreign citizens who, abroad, have acquired particular merits in promoting relations of friendship and collaboration between Italy and the country in which they operate and in promoting links with Italy.
- President Tebboune sends message to Emir of State of Kuwait
- President of Republic sends message to Custodian of Two Holy Places of Islam
- Algeria expresses solidarity with Chad following serious road accident
- Algeria-Mauritania: 1st Joint Security Committee in Nouakchott
- (Français) Lamamra reçoit le président l’Assemblée nationale palestinienne