APS : MONDAY 18 DECEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- National Hydrocarbon Company Sonatrach and Italian group ENI signed Monday, in Algiers, a memorandum of understanding on renewable energies, said Sonatrach in a communiqué.
The document was signed in the presence of Sonatrach’s CEO Abdelmoumem Ould Kaddour and ENI’s CEO Claudio Descalzi.
This memorandum aims at identifying, in the Brownfield sites of Sonatrach, potential sites for the construction of solar energy production units, making feasibility studies, once the sites selected, and elaborating a business model for the development of the identified projects, said the source.
The discussions between the two sides also focused on the state of the partnership between Sonatrach and ENI, characterized by a long-standing cooperation between the two companies in the field of the industry of hydrocarbons in Algeria.
In this regard, Ould Kaddour stressed the willingness of Sonatrach to reinforce the partnership with ENI, notably in the upstream, petrochemistry, Research, development and marketing of hydrocarbons.
He underlined that Sonatrach remains “open to any proposal of a mutually beneficial collaboration”.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied