APS : MONDAY 18 DECEMBER 2017
ALGIERS- National Hydrocarbon Company Sonatrach and Italian group ENI signed Monday, in Algiers, a memorandum of understanding on renewable energies, said Sonatrach in a communiqué.
The document was signed in the presence of Sonatrach’s CEO Abdelmoumem Ould Kaddour and ENI’s CEO Claudio Descalzi.
This memorandum aims at identifying, in the Brownfield sites of Sonatrach, potential sites for the construction of solar energy production units, making feasibility studies, once the sites selected, and elaborating a business model for the development of the identified projects, said the source.
The discussions between the two sides also focused on the state of the partnership between Sonatrach and ENI, characterized by a long-standing cooperation between the two companies in the field of the industry of hydrocarbons in Algeria.
In this regard, Ould Kaddour stressed the willingness of Sonatrach to reinforce the partnership with ENI, notably in the upstream, petrochemistry, Research, development and marketing of hydrocarbons.
He underlined that Sonatrach remains “open to any proposal of a mutually beneficial collaboration”.
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum