APS: Monday, 30 November 2020
ALGIERS- Pan-African Parliament (PAP) condemned Sunday the resolution of the European Parliament (EP) on the human rights situation in Algeria, calling for solidarity within the PAP against any interference in the internal affairs of African countries.
The PAP, in a press release, expressed its “full solidarity with the Algerian Parliament and its condemnation of European Parliament’s interference attempts, maintained and stirred up by those nostalgic for the colonial era in the said Parliament.”
The Pan-African parliament called for solidarity in the face of any interference in the internal affairs of African countries.
“The European Parliament, in the wake of its many unacceptable interference in the internal affairs of African countries, has adopted on November 26th a resolution on the situation in Algeria, in a rarely equaled, blatant paternalistic attitude,” the statement said.
The PAP called on the European Parliament to respect its commitments of non-interference in African affairs, contained in the various agreements signed between the two parliaments.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied