APS : Sunday, 06 March 2016
ORAN (Algeria)- Italian cyclist Luca Wackerman, from Emirates’ Nasr Dubai club, won Sunday the second stage of the International Tour of Oran (432-km west of Algiers), part of the Grand Tour of Algeria (GTAC 2016).
The Italian cyclist won the second stage, a 151km section starting from Oran to Mostaganem then back to Oran, and wore the leader’s yellow jersey.
Wackerman clocked3:19:09, ahead of Lithuanian Dzervus Darijus, from Staki Baltik Vairas team (3:19:22), and Moroccan Essaid Abelouache (3:19:22).
The best sprinter’s red jersey went to his teammate Vaitkus Tomas.
Emirati cyclist Mirza Youcef got the dot polka jersey of the best climber while the best hopeful’s white jersey went to Tunisian Ali Nouissri.
The second stage, held under a heavy rain, was about to be cancelled by the manager of the race for bad traffic control in the areas of Fernaka and Ain Nouisssi, in Mostaganem.
The third stage of the International Tour of Oran, the second event of the GTAC 2016, will take the participants up to Santa Cruz Mountain through Ain Temouchent over a distance of 138 km.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation