APS : Tuesday, 09 June 2020
ALGIERS- A Grouping made up of Sonatrach and its two partners PTTEP and PVEP, and Mayor Tecnimont an Italian company specializing in Engineering signed a contract of Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) to build a second Oil Treatment Train (CPF)
at the Bir Sebaa field, 40 kms from Hassi Messaoud, said a company statement.
This project, whose contract was awarded in March 2018 following an invitation to tender, constitutes “the 2nd phase of the Bir Sebaa field development, which
will allow the processing of an additional production of 20,000 barrels per day of oil,” the press release said.
The production of these fields is set to double to 40,000 barrels per day.
The services and supplies of this EPC contract, signed on Monday, include in particular the detailed engineering studies, the supply of equipment and materials, construction as well as commissioning tests.
The project involves the construction of an oil treatment train, associated gas compression unit, gas lift unit, water injection unit for the maintenance of pressure, a third turbo generator (18MW), as well as the connection of 33 wells (19 oil producers and 14 water injectors), detailed the same source.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum