APS Tuesday, 19 July 2016
ALGIERS- The deputy minister at the minister of National Planning, Tourism and Craft Industry in charge of Craft industry, Aicha Tagabou, said Monday that the sector plans to create 2.5 million jobs and 830.000 activities and achieve 860 billion dinars in GDP by 2030.
In an address at a national meeting bringing together tourism executives, the minister stressed the need to “promote craft industry and trades,” putting forward their specificities.
She underlined the importance of upgrading human resources, improving craft product quality and modernizing the methods and ways of production.
The number of craft businesses has reached 340,000, creating 867,000 jobs with a total contribution of 230 billion dinars in GDP, Tagabou said.
The minister “urged for more efforts to allow craft industry to occupy the position it deserves in national economy.”
She emphasized the necessity to “develop raw material networks, to market craft products inside and outside the country and to optimize craftsmen performances.”
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart