APS Tuesday, 19 July 2016
ALGIERS- The deputy minister at the minister of National Planning, Tourism and Craft Industry in charge of Craft industry, Aicha Tagabou, said Monday that the sector plans to create 2.5 million jobs and 830.000 activities and achieve 860 billion dinars in GDP by 2030.
In an address at a national meeting bringing together tourism executives, the minister stressed the need to “promote craft industry and trades,” putting forward their specificities.
She underlined the importance of upgrading human resources, improving craft product quality and modernizing the methods and ways of production.
The number of craft businesses has reached 340,000, creating 867,000 jobs with a total contribution of 230 billion dinars in GDP, Tagabou said.
The minister “urged for more efforts to allow craft industry to occupy the position it deserves in national economy.”
She emphasized the necessity to “develop raw material networks, to market craft products inside and outside the country and to optimize craftsmen performances.”
- (English) Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- (English) President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- (English) Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- (English) Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions