APS : Friday, 26 January 2018
ADDIS ABABA-The Summit of the Heads of State and Government of the African Union (AU) will hold a summit on 28-29 January in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa to discuss many issues including security,
development and the fight against corruption, a scourge that undermines economies in the continent.
“Winning the fight against corruption: a sustainable option for Africa’s Transformation” is the theme of this AU Summit whose Ministerial Executive Council started Thursday.
African leaders will discuss the means to strengthen cooperation various fields particularly security and economy with a view to achieving Agenda 2063 peace and development goals.
The issues scheduled in the meeting’s agenda include the fight against corruption, a scourge that undermines the development efforts in the continent and weakens the economies of member states which, despite measures, do not manage to address this scourge.
In order to fight against this scourge, member states adopted many anti-corruption laws and ratified many international conventions. They also created many bodies in charge of the fight against corruption accompanied by many coercive and punitive measures.
By strengthening multilateral cooperation, African countries seek to provide the means to combat this scourge through many measures while strengthening the capacities of monitoring mechanisms.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune