APS : THURSDAY 12 MARCH 2020
ALGIERS-The Ministry of Energy and the Desert Energy Initiative (Dii) should seal a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the development of renewable energy in next April.
Speaking on the sidelines of the session devoted to oral questions at the People’s National Assembly (Lower House), Arkab said that the sector continued consultations with the Dii officials to find the ways to broaden bilateral cooperation so as to build photovoltaic power plants and reach energy efficiency.
According to the Government’s programme, which is part of the commitments of the president of the Republic, including “energy transition”, comprises a programme being implemented with a view to moving the production of electricity from gas to photovoltaic electrical energy.
The Energy Ministry had said that Algeria was interested in cooperating with the German consortium DII Desert Energy (Desertec) in order to strengthen renewable energy production capacities and better integrate them in the country’s electricity network.
- (Français) Communiqué du Conseil des ministres
- Algeria-Saudi Arabia parliamentary friendship and fraternity group set up
- Algeria offers condolences on deadly stampede at Indonesian stadium
- Burkina Faso: Foreign ministry closely monitors situation of national community
- MOU on political consultations between Algeria, Thailand