APS : Tuesday, 08 March 2016
ORAN- Latvian cyclist Tomas Vaitkus of Emirati team Nasr-Dubai won Tuesday the Cycling Grand Prix of Oran, third event of Grand Tour of Algeria-2016, ahead of Rwandan Areruya Joseph and Algerian Adil Barbari.
The Latvian, 2002 world champion in against the clock event crosses the finish line in 2:14 :33, followed by Rwandan Areruya (2:14 :33) and his teammate, Algerian Adil Barbari (2:16:16).
Before kickoff by the Prefect of Oran Abdelghani Zaalene, a minute of silence has been observed in tribute to Mohamed Allek, legend of Algerian Paralympic, died Tuesday of long illness.
The Grand Prix of Oran, run around the Conventions Centre, over 94.5 Km, in 15 laps, saw the victory of a cyclist of Emirati team Nasr-Dubai, which wins the fifth stage since the start of GTAC-2016.
On Wednesday, the Grand Tour of Algeria-2016 will head to Blida for the Tour international of the city, planned from 10 to 12 March.
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée
- Fire at fuel depot in Jakarta: Algeria offers condolences to Republic of Indonesia