APS : Friday, 08 July 2016
DAKHLA (Sahrawi refugee camps)- Minister of Mujahedeen (War Veterans) Tayeb Zitouni said Friday that the holding of the extraordinary congress of the Polisario Front “is a new important phase of the glorious history of the Sahrawi people to regain their legitimate rights,” reaffirming the solidarity of Algerian government and people with the Sahrawi cause.
On the sidelines of the extraordinary congress of the Polisario Front organized under the slogan “Strength, determination and willingness to impose national independence and sovereignty,” Zitouni addressed, in a speech to the participants, a message of solidarity on behalf of the Algerian government and people with the brotherly Sahrawi people and the Polisario Front, underlining that the holding of this congress is a “new important phase of the glorious history of the valiant Sahrawi people to regain their legitimate rights.”
“We seize this opportunity to pay tribute to late Sahrawi President Mohamed Abdelaziz who had a decisive impact on the struggle of the Sahrawi people by preserving the unity of his people’s ranks and the cohesion of his political direction, the Polisario Front,” affirmed Zitouni.
“Late Mohamed Abdelaziz led a fierce struggle so that the Sahrawi people can regain their freedom. He had never turned away from the path mapped out by the founders of the Polisario Front while remaining a man of peace who managed to present all dialogue and negotiation opportunities,” added the minister.
In this regard, he said the “Polisario Front gained, under the leadership of late Mohamed Abdelaziz, the legitimacy and recognition that enabled it to impose itself at the international level as the only and legitimate representative of the Sahrawi people.”
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- (English) President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- (English) Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart