APS : MONDAY 09 APRIL 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel said Monday the recommendations to be made at Algiers meeting on the financing of terrorism in Africa “will be submitted soon to the African Union summit,
scheduled for July in Nouakchott, Mauritania.
The meeting’s recommendations “will be submitted to the next summit of AU heads of government and State, to be held July in Nouakchott, Mauritania,” Messahal told reporters on the sidelines of a high-level meeting on the fight against terrorism funding in Africa, organized at the International Conference Centre.
The “very important” meeting, attended by more than 30 African States and international organizations specialized in the fight against terrorism, comes in implementation of a decision made at the AU Summit decision of 2014, the minister said.
The meeting will be an opportunity to “consider ways and methods for coordination among African nations and exchange of experiences and intelligence about the financing of terrorism, a major issue for Africa.”
Messahel said “Africa should work out a strategy on the depletion of the financial resources of terrorism if it wants to fight against the phenomenon.
He stressed the coordination among African nations in terms of the fight against organized crime.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- (English) President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- (English) Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- (English) Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune