APS : Sunday, 20 March 2016
TRONDHEIM (Norway)- The feature film “Maintenant, ils peuvent venir” (Let Them come) by Algerian Salem Brahimi won the New Directors Award at Kosmorama Trondheim International Film Festival 2016,
held from 8 to 13 March in Trondheim, Norway, said local press.
The Algerian-French coproduced film, released in 2015, competed with eleven other films from 20 countries.
Based on a novel by Arezki Mellal (who also co-writes the script), the 59-mm film recounts the terror and violent extremism during the black decade of 1990s, through the story of Noureddine and Yasmina.
“Let Them Come,” third film of the Algerian director, also participated in 2015 in the International Film Festival of Dubai, where he got the Special Jury Prize.
- (English) Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- (English) Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- (English) Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification