APS : Wednesday, 12 September 2018
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel is to take part Thursday, in Accra, Ghana, in the funeral of the former United Nations Secretary General Koffi Annan,
as a representative of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
“Representing President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel will take part tomorrow, September 13, in Accra in the funeral ceremony of the late Koffi Annan, a former secretary general of the United Nations,” the statement said.
Kofi Annan, the first Sub-Saharan African to serve as UN Secretary-General and a Nobel Peace Prize laureate in 2001, died at the age of 80 last August 18.
- (English) Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- (English) President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- (English) Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- (English) Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- (English) President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine