APS : Monday, 14 March 2016
CASABLANCA (Morocco)- The Algerian Judo Team (men/ladies) grabbed the third place at the International tournament “African Open of Casablanca,
held from 12 to 14 March.
Algeria won 4 medals (1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze).
The Algerian gold medal was snatched by Abderrhamane Benamadi, -90 kg, following his victory Sunday over Azeri Mammadali Mehdiyev in the finals.
Silver returned to Sonia Asselah in the category of + 78 kg, after losing in the final to Belarusian Maryna Slutskaya, while Kaouthar Ouallal (-78 kg) and Lyes Bouyakoub (-100 kg) settled for the bronze .
The African Open of Casablanca was won by France, with a total of nine medals (1 gold, 4 silver and 4 bronze), ahead of Spain (2nd) with four medals (1 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze), the same as Algeria.
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- (English) President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- (English) Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart