APS : Monday, 05 October 2020
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum took part, by videoconference, in a high-level meeting of the United National General Assembly, to celebrate the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons,
said on Sunday the Ministry in a communiqué.
In this meeting, the minister reviewed Algeria’s efforts in this field, by notably adopting the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons during the presidency, by Algeria, of the 1st General Assembly Commission in 2017, as well as within the framework of the co-presidency with Germany of this 11th Conference in order to facilitate the entry into force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT).
The minister also pointed out that Algeria “is still suffering from the disastrous effects on human beings and environment because of the nuclear explosions on its territory during the colonial era, and was among the first countries to sign the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons.”
The high-level meeting allowed “the participants to stress the need to complete the process of total elimination of nuclear weapons in order to preserve international peace and security,” concluded the communiqué.
- (English) Commemoration of The knowledge Day “Youm El-Ilm” – April 16
- Обръщение на Президента на Републиката по случай Деня на знанието
- (English) Algeria condemns assassination of Sidi Brahim Ould Sidati
- (English) President Tebboune holds phone talks with Nigerien counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune receives Malian Foreign Minister