APS : Sunday, 12 March 2017
ALGIERS- The president of the Algerian-French Parliamentary Friendship Group of the French Senate Alain Neri said Sunday, in Algiers, that his country has the willingness to develop cooperation with Algeria, particularly in the sector of culture, professional training and education.
“We have the willingness to develop this cooperation and it is on this sincere and friendly relation that we will build stronger relations between France and Algeria,” he told the press at the end of his meeting with the Speaker of the Council of the Nation (Upper House of Parliament) Abdelkader Bensalah.
“We are here because we are activists of the friendship between France and Algeria and we come to broach the problems that are important, firstly culture, professional training and education,” he added.
The French parliament said that one of the development factors that strengthen democracy is the economic development, explaining that for its achievement, there should be “good training. It is on these subjects that we came to develop our relations, but it is only a part of our works.”
For his part, Bensalah said that this meeting is an opportunity to exchange views on issues relating to the development of bilateral issues and between the two parliaments, hailing “the dynamic of these relations,” according to a communiqué of the Council of the Nation.
This meeting also allowed reviewing bilateral relations, particularly in the parliamentary field, in the light of the results of the first parliamentary forum between the Council of the Nation and the French Senate held in October in Paris (France), said the source.
- (English) Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- (English) Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- (English) President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- (English) Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- (English) Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum