APS : Tuesday, 27 September 2016
CAIRO (Egypt)- The Arab Human Rights Committee hailed Tuesday, in Cairo, at the end of its 11th session, Algerian’s regional commitments in the respect and protection of human rights and the promotion of fundamental freedoms.
In a session dedicated to the discussion on the second periodic report on the human rights situation in Algeria as part of the implementation of the clauses of the Arab Charter on Human rights, the committee underlined that “Algeria’s presentation of periodic reports reflects its loyalty to its regional commitments in terms of the respect and protection of Human Rights and the promotion of fundamental freedoms.”
In addition, the committee underlined that Algeria’s reports “reflect the legislations and policies adopted by the government in the light of the latest political and constitutional reforms initiated by the President of the Republic, Abdelaziz Bouteflika.”
The Committee recalled that its discussions with the Algerian delegation, chaired by the Algerian ambassador to Cairo and its Permanent Representative at the Arab League Nadir Larbaoui gave a presentation on Algeria’s achievement in terms of Human rights, particularly in the light of global reforms engaged by Abdelaziz Bouteflika and sanctioned by the adoption of the constitution amended in February 2016.
The Algerian delegation presented the report on the Human Rights situation and explained the political and constitutional framework, as well as the State’s efforts for the promotion and the protection of human rights as part of the implementation of clauses of the Arab Charter of Human Rights.
- (English) Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- (English) Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- (English) President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- (English) Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- (English) Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum