APS : MONDAY 13 JANUARY 2020
ALGIERS- The Algerian and Libyan Red Crescent Societies on Monday signed a partnership agreement to launch their cooperation support mechanisms.
Signed by Saïda Benhabiles chairwoman of the Algerian Red Crescent, Marie Aldressi General Secretary of the Libyan Red Crescent, the agreement is meant to be
a bilateral cooperation framework reflecting the two humanitarian societies’ commitment to strengthen partnership, by sharing experiences and programmes.
The agreement also aims at developing the Algerian and Libyan Red Crescent Societies capacities through the organization of training sessions, sharing experiences and information in terms of humanitarian aid and the coordination of actions to eliminate the illegal migration.
The agreement also provides for the twinning of the societies at border regions.
In this parties agreed to hold joint medical caravans to provide treatments for local populations.
CRA Head Benhabiles said that the agreement “is the culmination of the bilateral meetings held on the sidelines of Geneva meetings of last December on the relaunch of the mechanisms for humanitarian action in the region.”
As for him, the Marie Aldressi General Secretary of the Libyan Red Crescent said that the agreement “demonstrates the spirit of cooperation between the two countries,” adding that the CRA, is “the first Arab association to have signed an agreement with the Libyan Reed Crescent.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- (English) President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- (English) Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- (English) Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune