APS : Friday, 25 November 2016
RELIZANE (Algeria)- German Volkswagen is to launch shortly a car assembly plant project in Sidi Khatab industrial area of Relizane (235-km southwest of Algiers), a source from the province’s Industry and Mining Department said.
An area of 150 hectares is devoted to the project, the first of its kind for the brand nationwide and in Africa.
A memorandum of agreement will be signed in the next few days between the German group Volkswagen and Algerian group Sovac on the execution of the project, which requires an investment exceeding DZD20 billion, the source added.
The plant is expected to produce 100,000 private and utility cars, like Seat and Skoda.
Some 1,400 jobs will be created as soon as the plant is operational.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo