United States reiterates commitment to supporting Algeria’s accession to WTO
APS : Saturday, 12 March 2016
WASHNIGTON- The United States of America reiterated its commitment to supporting Algeria in its accession process to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in the 13th round of negotiations
with this organization, Secretary General of Trade Minister Noureddine Zaït told APS.
“We have had a commitment from the American side to supporting us in this process,” said Zait following the 4th session of the Algerian-American discussions on the Agreement on Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) held in Washington.
He also said that Algeria has received more than one hundred questions from the United States of America as part of the negotiations on the bilateral trade agreement relating to the accession process to WTO, adding that the replies to these questions were finalized.
This bilateral agreement will give a boost to Algeria to adhere to this global organization.
As part of these negotiations, the American side broached the measure taken by Algeria on the ban on medicine imports whose equivalent is produced in the country, considering that this measure represents “restrictions which are against the principle of free trade.”
- (Français) RAMADAN MUBAREK
- (Français) Le ministre de l’Intérieur Ivan Demerdjiev a tenu une réunion de travail avec S.E. Mme Baya Bensmail, Ambassadeure d’Algérie en Bulgarie
- (العربية) الذكرى ال 61 ليوم النصر
- (Français) Les échanges commerciaux entre la Bulgarie et l’Algérie ont augmenté
- (Français) Le Conseil de la nation prend part au Portugal à l’Assemblée parlementaire de l’Union pour la Méditerranée