APS : Tuesday, 22 November 2016
TIARET (Algeria)- Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Presidential Affairs of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited Tuesday a car plant belonging to the Algerian company for the manufacturing of Mercedes-Benz brand vehicles (SAFAV-MB) in Ain Bouchekif, Tiaret (340-km southwest of Algiers).
Accompanied by Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, the deputy Defence Minister, chief of staff of the People’s National Army, Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan visited the various facilities and workshops of the plant, which manufactures all-terrain vehicles and private cars.
The Emirati official received an outline on the plant’s activities from the SAFAV-MB’s chairman of the board, Colonel Smail Krikrou.
Ain Bouchekif’s plant produces 6,000 Mercedes Benz Sprinter vehicles a year and 2,000/year G-class vehicles.
SAVAF-MB plant is the outcome of an Algerian-Emirati-German partnership.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region