APS : Monday, 25 July 2016
ALGIERS- US Deputy Secretary of State Antony Blinken, said Monday here that his country sought to “deepen” the economic relations with Algeria,
stressing that the economic diversification program is a “correct way to proceed.”
“We have a very important partnership in security issues, but we also want to deepen our relations in the economic, financial and trade sectors,” Blinken told the press after his meeting with Finance Minister Hadji Baba Ammi.
In this regard, the US diplomat said the meeting he had with Baba Ammi on the economic and financial issues was “very interesting” for the development of cooperation between Algeria and the United States, adding that “the areas where we can work together were also discussed.”
As for him, Minister of Finance indicated that under the country’s new programme for economic growth, “there will be significant opportunities for cooperation between Algeria and the United States.”
Baba Ammi said that that his meeting with Blinken constituted a “very interesting” opportunity for examining the possibilities of strengthening cooperation in the economic and financial fields between the two countries.
Trade between Algeria and the United States totaled $ 4.6 billion in 2015, comprised of $ 1.9 billion of Algerian exports and $ 2.7 billion of US exports.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy