APS : Sunday, 17 April 2016
GENEVA- Algerian films “Maintenant ils peuvent venir” (Now they can come) by Salem Brahimi and “Babor Casanova” (Casanova Boat) by Karim Sayad at the 11th Geneva International Oriental Film Festival (FIFOG) which wrapped up Saturday evening, said the event’s organizers.
Competing in the category “Swiss Made Short film,” the fiction documentary “Casanova Boat” won the prize “Golden FIFOG,” the highest honour in the category.
Released in 2015, “Casanova Boat,” an Algerian-Swiss coproduction, the film participated in several film events, including Locarno Film Festival (Switzerland).
It was recently awarded at the 38th Clermont Ferrand International Short Film Festival in France.
Feature film “Now they can come” received the jury’s special award, while the Turkish “Sivas” snatched the Golden FIFOG of the official competition.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister