APS : Thursday, 25 February 2021
ALGIERS- Three major measures were introduced by the Minister of Foreign Affairs as part of developing the Algerian economic diplomacy, to help national economic operators export and foreign operators invest in Algeria,
said Thursday in Algiers director of promotion and support of economic exchanges at the ministry, Rabah Fassih.
These measures include the creation of the Investment, Export Information and Promotion Office (BIPIE), the training of diplomats in charge of economic and commercial affairs at the level of Algerian
diplomatic representations abroad as well as the creation of a web section on the Foreign Ministry’s website dedicated to economic diplomacy, said Fassih during a press briefing on the sidelines of the BIPIE’s inauguration ceremony by the sector’s minister, Sabri Boukadoum.
According to the Director, the BIPIE, which depends on the Directorate of promotion and support of economic exchanges at the ministry, aims to receive economic operators including exporters to help them benefit from information and documentation.
“There is a network of economic and commercial affairs officers that national operators can contact at the level of Algerian diplomatic representations abroad,” said Fassih adding that the Office offers operators information on projects, tenders or partnership proposals in addition to organizing training courses in the field of economic diplomacy.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune