APS : Saturday, 15 July 2017
ALGIERS-Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune received the Vice-President of the European Investment Bank (EIB) in charge of the Middle East and North Africa region (Mena) Romain Escolano,
who is on a working visit to Algeria, PM’s office announced Saturday in a statement.
The meeting focused on “the state of relations between Algeria and this important partner, whose collaboration dates back to more than three decades,” stated the same source.
While broaching the traditional character of these relations, the EIB official expressed the Bank’s “willingness” to “promote new channels of work and cooperation with Algeria and share its expertise to support the implementation of major projects.”
For his part, Tebboune welcomed “the interest of this important institution in Algeria’s development”, and called for “opportunities that lead to a qualitative leap in the field of financial cooperation, particularly in terms of projects in the sectors that will act as levers of economic growth, notably SME-SMI,” the source said.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel attended the meeting.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan