APS : Saturday, 15 July 2017
ALGIERS-Prime Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune received the Vice-President of the European Investment Bank (EIB) in charge of the Middle East and North Africa region (Mena) Romain Escolano,
who is on a working visit to Algeria, PM’s office announced Saturday in a statement.
The meeting focused on “the state of relations between Algeria and this important partner, whose collaboration dates back to more than three decades,” stated the same source.
While broaching the traditional character of these relations, the EIB official expressed the Bank’s “willingness” to “promote new channels of work and cooperation with Algeria and share its expertise to support the implementation of major projects.”
For his part, Tebboune welcomed “the interest of this important institution in Algeria’s development”, and called for “opportunities that lead to a qualitative leap in the field of financial cooperation, particularly in terms of projects in the sectors that will act as levers of economic growth, notably SME-SMI,” the source said.
Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel attended the meeting.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea