APS : Friday, 31 March 2017
ALGIERS- Minister of Housing, Urban Planning and the City, interim Trade Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune said Thursday, in Algiers,
that the measures adopted by Algeria for the rationalization of imports do not impact the level of exchanges between Algeria and the European Union said the ministry in a communiqué.
In an audience granted to the head of the European Union delegation in Algeria John O’Rourke, the minister said that the goal of these measures is to rationalize the imports bill and to protect consumer and national products, while reiterating Algeria’s commitment to implement the strategic agreements with the EU.
On the same occasion, the minister hailed both sides’ joint action for the realization of mutually beneficial investment projects added the communiqué.
The two sides also hailed the level of relations between Algeria and the European Union in various sectors.
For his part, the head of the EU delegation in Algeria expressed “understanding regarding the measures adopted by the Algerian government concerning the imports licences system, and the tariff quotas with the EU, especially as the free trade agreements with the EU are not affected by these measures.”
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister