APS : Tuesday, 09 July 2019
ALGIERS- Minister of Industry and Mining Djamila Tamazirt has had intensive activity on the sidelines of its participation at the International Industry Trade Fair,
INNOPROM, taking place in Ekaterinburg, Russia, from 8 to 11 July, said Tuesday the ministry in a statement.
Tamazirt met with Russia’s Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov, with whom she discussed “partnership opportunities in areas of common interest for both countries, especially in steel industry, mining, mechanical engineering, subcontracting and agri-food industry.”
“Mining is a very important area of cooperation for Algeria, which seeks to develop this sector by capitalizing on Russia’s experience and expertise,” said Tamazirt.
In this regard, the minister invited Russian companies to strengthen their presence in Algeria through a win-win partnership with a view to boosting economic cooperation between the two countries.
For his part, the Russian minister expressed desire to enhance mining cooperation, and expressed readiness of Russian firms to assist Algerian companies in the field, as well as in other areas identified by the two countries, especially steel and iron industry (modernization of El Hadjar steel complex), agricultural machinery, hydrocarbons processing and car manufacturing.
During the discussions, the two sides hailed the “excellent relations” between the two countries, said the Ministry’s statement.
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization