APS : Sunday, 31 July 2016
ALGIERS- The national hydrocarbon company SONATRACH signed, signed in Algiers, two agreements with public companies for the construction of a 344-km-long gas pipeline linking El Menia (Ghardaia, 600-km south of Algiers) and Hassi R’Mel (Laghouat, 450-km south of Algiers).
The DZD38.87-billion worth gas pipeline (GR7) will allow transporting gas from the new gas fields of Hassi Mouina (north and south), Hassi Ba Hamou and Ahnet, which are expected to start production from 2019, to the National Gas Dispatching Centre (CNDG) in Hassi R’Mel.
As from 2020, the GR7 will transport 21.22 billion cubic metres of gas to the CNDG.
The first agreement, worth DZD17.4 billion, was signed between the Pipeline Transport Activity (TRC), a SONATRACH’s subsidy, and Alfapipe, a subsidy of the public group Imetal, concerns the supply of 48-inch pipes, which are due to be delivered within 12 months.
The second agreement, worth DZD21.47 billion, was signed by TRC and the consortium Cosider-pipelines and ENAC (national pipeline company, a SONATRACH’s subsidy) and is about the engineering, procurement and construction works within 30 months.
The signing ceremony was attended by Minister of Energy Noureddine Boutarfa, SONATRACH’s CEO Amine Mazouzi, Cosider’s CEO Lakhder Rekhroukh, Imetal’s CEO Mohamed Yazid Touati, Alfapipe’s CEO Abdelmadjid Messai, Cosider-pipelines’ CEO Fethi Zerouali and ENAC’s CEO Abdelhakim Chehili.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya