APS : WEDNESDAY 16 JUNE 2021
ALGIERS- A strategy to combat desertification by 2035 has been set up in Algeria in order to ensure the country’s sustainable development, and to guarantee a lasting management of natural resources,
and this for the benefit of the society and national economy.
Through this strategy we seek to maintain the productivity of forests, and enhance the biological diversity said the Directorate General of Forests (DGF) in a report on the sidelines of the World
Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (June 17th).
On this occasion, the directorate further reported a program aimed at rehabilitating drought-tolerant species as part of climate change adaptation.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine