APS : Friday, 04 March 2016
ALGIERS-The caravan of the 1ST edition of the “Queens Raid” car racing kicked off Friday from Cheraga (Algiers) to Tamanrasset and will last until March 11.
Twenty-two (22) women take part in this event meant to discover the great Algerian Sahara, aboard 12 cars (pilot and co-pilot).
According to the chosen route chosen spanning on an overall distance of 2200 km, women crews will go through the towns of Djelfa, Ghardaia, El Golea, In Salah and Moulay Lahcène, before arriving in Tamanrasset, project manager within the organizer of this event Youcef Hanou said.
Besides the competitive aspect, “this race aims to promote Saharan tourism,” Hanou said.
The “Raid des Reines” racing is organized by “NSO Organization” and “M’Zab Tour” under the aegis of the ministry of National Planning, Tourism and Craft Industry and the province of Tamanrasset.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister