APS : Thursday, 15 September 2016
RIO DE JANEIRO- Algerian athlete Nassima Saifi offered Algeria its 2nd gold medal at the Paralympic Games 2016 in the women’s discus throw event (T57), in the final played Thursday at Rio de Janeiro Olympic stadium, as part of the 7th day of the contest.
With a throw of 33.33 meters, the Algerian thrower got ahead of Irish Barry Orla (30.06 m) and Nigerian Iyiazi Eucharia (27.54m).
It is Algeria’s second gold medal after the one won by Abdellatif Baka at the 1500 meters event, class T13, who won the race in 3:48.29, a new world record.
Algeria also harvested a bronze medal thanks to the performance of Mohamed Hamoumou at the 400 meters event (T13) in 48.04.
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation