APS : Thursday, 15 September 2016
RIO DE JANEIRO- Algerian athlete Nassima Saifi offered Algeria its 2nd gold medal at the Paralympic Games 2016 in the women’s discus throw event (T57), in the final played Thursday at Rio de Janeiro Olympic stadium, as part of the 7th day of the contest.
With a throw of 33.33 meters, the Algerian thrower got ahead of Irish Barry Orla (30.06 m) and Nigerian Iyiazi Eucharia (27.54m).
It is Algeria’s second gold medal after the one won by Abdellatif Baka at the 1500 meters event, class T13, who won the race in 3:48.29, a new world record.
Algeria also harvested a bronze medal thanks to the performance of Mohamed Hamoumou at the 400 meters event (T13) in 48.04.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار