RIO DE JANIERO- Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi qualified for the finals at the 800m event by ranking second of the first semi-finals raced Saturday evening at the Olympic stadium Joao Havelange.
The Algerian Olympic champion at the 1500m run in London raced the distance in 1 :43 .85, preceded by French Bosse Pierre Ambroise (1 :43.85) while the third place went to Polish Marcin Lewandowski (1 :44.56).
Makhloufi’s two compatriots Yassine Hathat and Amine Belferar were eliminated as they ranked third and seventh respectively.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo