RIO DE JANIERO- Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi qualified for the finals at the 800m event by ranking second of the first semi-finals raced Saturday evening at the Olympic stadium Joao Havelange.
The Algerian Olympic champion at the 1500m run in London raced the distance in 1 :43 .85, preceded by French Bosse Pierre Ambroise (1 :43.85) while the third place went to Polish Marcin Lewandowski (1 :44.56).
Makhloufi’s two compatriots Yassine Hathat and Amine Belferar were eliminated as they ranked third and seventh respectively.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart