RIO DE JANIERO- Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi qualified for the finals at the 800m event by ranking second of the first semi-finals raced Saturday evening at the Olympic stadium Joao Havelange.
The Algerian Olympic champion at the 1500m run in London raced the distance in 1 :43 .85, preceded by French Bosse Pierre Ambroise (1 :43.85) while the third place went to Polish Marcin Lewandowski (1 :44.56).
Makhloufi’s two compatriots Yassine Hathat and Amine Belferar were eliminated as they ranked third and seventh respectively.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister