RIO DE JANIERO- Algerian Taoufik Makhloufi qualified for the finals at the 800m event by ranking second of the first semi-finals raced Saturday evening at the Olympic stadium Joao Havelange.
The Algerian Olympic champion at the 1500m run in London raced the distance in 1 :43 .85, preceded by French Bosse Pierre Ambroise (1 :43.85) while the third place went to Polish Marcin Lewandowski (1 :44.56).
Makhloufi’s two compatriots Yassine Hathat and Amine Belferar were eliminated as they ranked third and seventh respectively.
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart