APS : Tuesday, 19 June 2018
ALGIERS-Finance Minister Abderrahmane Raouya received Monday in Algiers the High Representative for the African Union Peace Fund and Financing Donald Kaberuka, who is on a working visit to Algeria,
the Ministry announced Tuesday in a statement.
During this meeting, the two sides exchanged views on the implementation of the decisions taken at the African Union (AU) Conference of Heads of State and Government on the institutional reform of the organization, for the purpose of further efficient activity, said the source.
Talks between the two officials particularly focused on the new financing mechanisms of the AU budget which aim to ensure self-financing.
In this connection, Raouya recalled Algeria’s firm and resolute commitment to guaranteeing the AU’s financial autonomy and to making the institutional reform successful.
The AU’s financial autonomy is a necessary condition to achieve the goals of peace, development and regional integration, as defined in the AU Development Agenda 2063, affirmed the minister.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy