APS : Tuesday, 19 June 2018
ALGIERS-Finance Minister Abderrahmane Raouya received Monday in Algiers the High Representative for the African Union Peace Fund and Financing Donald Kaberuka, who is on a working visit to Algeria,
the Ministry announced Tuesday in a statement.
During this meeting, the two sides exchanged views on the implementation of the decisions taken at the African Union (AU) Conference of Heads of State and Government on the institutional reform of the organization, for the purpose of further efficient activity, said the source.
Talks between the two officials particularly focused on the new financing mechanisms of the AU budget which aim to ensure self-financing.
In this connection, Raouya recalled Algeria’s firm and resolute commitment to guaranteeing the AU’s financial autonomy and to making the institutional reform successful.
The AU’s financial autonomy is a necessary condition to achieve the goals of peace, development and regional integration, as defined in the AU Development Agenda 2063, affirmed the minister.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune