APS : MONDAY 23 APRIL 2018
WASHINGTON- Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Raouya met, in Washington, with the representatives of several big American companies with whom he discussed investment in Algeria
and opportunities offered in various branches of industry.
During this meeting, organized by the American Chamber of Commerce, the talks focused mainly on the investment potential in Algeria, the regulations in this field as well as the country’s financial and economic situation, the minister told APS following this meeting to which also participated vice-president of the American Chamber of Commerce and head of US Africa Business Centre Scott Eisner.
These discussions, held on the sidelines of the minister’s participation in the spring meetings of Bretton Woods institutions, were also an opportunity to examine the complaints of some American companies working in Algeria, said the minister.
The discussions focused on “funding and the country’s financial stability,” added the minister, pointing out that “the vision of the American operators on the economic situation in Algeria remains objective.”
This round table with the American business community gathered the giants of the US industry such as General Electric, Exxon Mobile, Apple and Pfizer as well as the association PhRma bringing together the American pharmaceutical laboratories.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation