APS : SUNDAY 15 OCTOBER 2017
WASHINGTON- Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Raouia had discussions in Washington with Jihad Azour, Director of the IMF’s Middle East and Central Asia Department.
The two officials discussed the financing of investments and cooperation prospects between Algeria and the International Monetary Fund.
They also discussed questions relating to the national economy.
Minister of Finance Abderrahmane Raouia outlined the recent evolution of the country’s economic situation, which needs non-conventional financing to cope with the Treasury deficit and finance the productive investment.
In addition to the cooperation prospects between Algeria and the IMF, the minister broached the cooperation in the fields of local taxation, the recovery of taxes, the budgetary management and the modernization of customs’ administration.
As part of his participation in the IMF and WB Annual Assemblies, the minister partook in the meeting of the Arab and African Governors with the Chairman of the World Bank group.
Raouia also participated in the meeting of Finance Ministers and MENA Central Banks governors with the IMF chief Christine Lagarde.
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya